A beautiful sight of the Historic Grand Turk Lighthouse. The 60-foot-tall (18 m) structure, overlooking North Creek, was completed by British architect Alexander Gordon in 1852 to alert sailors of the shallow reef. Brighter kerosene lamps and a more powerful Fresnel lens were added by the Chance brothers in 1943 and remained in use until 1972 when the lighthouse was electrified. Today, the lighthouse and lighthouse keeper's house are a historic site under the protection of the National Trust.
Historic Grand Turk Lighthouse, 10" x 30", acrylic on canvas